Jollies Silicone Toys

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Review of the Tantus Purr

I have been looking for a silicone toy that would resemble my very first dildo, which was made from Jelly. I barely knew about materials then, and without giving out too many details, I had used the dildo in ways that were not recommended for health reasons. I did not want to use condoms over it, so I threw it out. However, I could never find a texture that would stimulate me like this one did. Well, my search has finally ended, and I am considerably happy. 

The Purr, by Tantus, was my first Tantus toy and I was surprised at how firm the 100% platinum silicone was compared to the Fun Factory silicone,  Tantus Purrwhich I am used to. It felt really nice to the touch, but unfortunately attracts lint like there is no tomorrow. It should be washed before and after each use and stored in a lint-free tissue bag or plastic bag.

This is a very high quality silicone, and it’s non-porous, smell-free, phthalates-free, latex-free, and hypo-allergenic. Silicone can also be used for temperature play, and you can place the Purr in the freezer, without the bullet, for a little while, or place it in a pot filled with hot water, but must not be placed in the microwave. 

This Purr is amazing for vaginal use, and with the flared base, it is also safe for anal play. It’s medium-sized, it has an insertable length of 6.5 inches and a diameter of 1.5 inches. The dildo comes with a small bullet of about 2.5 inches long that must be inserted in a hollow area at the base of the dildo. Even without the bullet, the base of the dildo is very strong and I was surprised how well it resisted to pressure. I personally wanted a textured dildo, not a vibrator. As far as I am concerned, the bullet is just a nice bonus.

The dildo is obviously waterproof, but the bullet is as well. That and silicone make cleaning very easy, you can use soap and warm water, toy cleaner, or use boiling, a 10% bleach solution and the top rack of the dishwasher as sterilization methods. The bullet cannot be sterilized and must be removed during any sterilization process and if you intend to share, you always have the option to take it out or place a condom over the whole toy. 

I was so excited to try this toy that at first I did not even unwrap the bullet that came with it. So armed with a drop of water-based lube –silicone lube is not recommended– I inserted the Purr vaginally, and… it was perfect. I love texture, and this one had been missing from my life for several years. The surface of the silicone is smooth and the ribbed texture is not too pronounced. The head is round and smooth and helps with insertion. It’s the concentration of the ribs combined with the firmness of the material that create the best sensations. 

I previously had two bullets before using the one that came with the Tantus Purr, and saw that this one was of a much higher quality. The sound level is low-pitched and it cannot be heard from under heavy covers, even when it is not placed into the Purr to muffle the sound. Heavy thrust may actually make more sounds than the bullet itself. It only has one vibration level and it is moderate in intensity, but I was more interested in the fact that it was less noisy than what I was used to.   

I spread a drop of lubricant in the socket before placing the bullet –for easy removal– and noticed how well the vibrations were felt from the base to the tip of the dildo. I honestly did not expect it to work so well. After a few days of blissful play, I decided that it was time to try the Purr anally, and had the bullet activated when I inserted it and I instantly had goose bumps all over my body. The bullet was a nice addition to something already fantastic, since the sensations were just as intense after turning it off and thrusting with the Purr. Actually, I could feel the texture better when the bullet was off, but that’s only during anal play.

The Purr comes in a see-through plastic box with general Tantus Purr Packaginginformation about the material and the product name. It’s more a store display box than anything else. There are no instructions,  but the use is quite straight-forward. When you first receive the package, the bullet wrapped in plastic and is displayed on the side of the dildo. 

I highly recommend this toy to everyone, even beginners. Seriously. This is the same size as my first dildo ever, and it did not feel too large then. I have to admit that the material is much firmer than a jelly toy, but the smoothness of the silicone will help for an easy insertion. You may need to start with something smaller for anal play, but it does not take much to accommodate the Purr anally. 

This is a must-have in your toy box if you like texture, and do not be fooled by the apparently small ribbed texture. They are wonderful. Actually, if you must have one single texture dildo in your collection, this should be the one. You can get your own at this great sex toy store, which has great promotions every day. 

Kynky Kytty

product picture
Dildo by Tantus
Material: Silicone
Safety:
Rating:
Vroom:
Bee:
The product was purchased by the reviewer. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment