Jollies Silicone Toys

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review of the ASLAN Black Cat Harness

You all know I’m kinky, so it’s no surprise that one day or another I’d be reviewing a harness. So today it’s all about the Black Cat Harness by ASLAN Leather. You should know that it’s not my first so I’ll be able to pinpoint a few key features that I really like about this one and that you may IMG_1313care to know. The other one I have is the Sportsheets Velvet Corset Harness, which is a good product, but there were a few things that I didn’t like. The review is long, but I divided it in sections to help you find what you want to read and you can click the pictures to see them larger.

Quality
When you look at it, it’s clear that it’s not cheaply made, as you can see the seam of the vinyl is barely noticeable in the interior side of the straps and I can’t even feel them when I’m wearing it. Actually, nothing at all pokes you in a bad way, and the straps twist to fit the shape of your body without digging into your skin. I have to say that the harness is really comfortable and it looks super sexy as the metal O rings in front allow the belt to follow the level of your IMG_1317 hips. Even if the buckles can feel cold when you are putting it on, they are barely in contact with the body once strapped and the whole harness becomes quickly warm. 

Performance
The straps are sufficiently flexible without being limp – similar to a wide leather dog collar – so they will always maintain a nice curve even if you try to bend them. Since the fit is quite stable, the front part will also apply a firm pressure on the base of the toys you’ll put in there. So the base will not twist awkwardly from the weight, and it’s more the shaft itself that will go downward from gravity. It allows a better control with the movements as well, which is super important.

IMG_1315 Adjustable
The harness is adjustable through four buckles: one on each hip and the two others on the leg straps. The leg straps loop around the belt and can be adjusted by sliding them sideways. The advantage of vinyl and buckles with a harness is that you will not need to tighten the strap during play and won’t even stretch with time. All you have to do to take it off is unbuckle one strap at the hip while taking note in which buckle hole it was set and voilà! it’s going to be ready for next time.

Size
I measured the harness lying flat and it has a width of 23”, and it will fit hips that have a circumference of 40” with some reasonable room left. So if you have been worrying like me if the harness would fit if you are at the limit of that 42”, as said on the product page, it’s going to be fine, but not much more than that. The smallest hip size that the harness can fit is about 27-28” in circumference, considering that lying flat, the harness measures 15”. If you are on the smaller range of the size of the harness, you can slip the extra belt straps in the loops of the leg straps.

If I can use my size as a reference – my hips have a circumference of 41”, – and I managed an almost perfect sizing by adjusting the hip straps at the third buckle hole, and at the last hole for the leg straps. In order to get a perfect fit, I think I could have used a little bit more length in the leg straps as the belt in the back still sits just a tiny bit too low. Note that I’m wearing a lot of my weight in my butt and thighs.

After consulting the ASLAN Leather website, they say that the harness fits 26” to 44” inches, which would also explain the extra room I had, but then, at 44” I think it would be too tight, and similarly I think that 26” might be slightly too small and the harness could be loose. So buy at your own risk. Remember that you need some room to be comfortable, for the belt to follow some curves and in case of some weight gain or loss. Also, if you are going to use a strapless dildo, it’s the leg straps that can be adjusted to give more room in front.

Dildos
Since the hole in front has a diameter of 1 ¾”, it’s true that most dildos will work with this harness, but as the hole is made of vinyl, it’s going to be difficult to squeeze a large toy in there. Besides, but the ring snaps take some of that room away, so I suggest using toys that are more inIMG_1314 the range of 1 ¼” to 1 ½” in diameter. The largest toy I put in was the Fun Factory Tiger, which managed to fit well even though the last bump needed some help through the hole.

However, I do not recommend using a dildo made of soft silicone that has a set of balls, as the edges of the leg straps could dig into the silicone and leave marks. Note that the ring looks like it is made of rubber, but it can be changed if you want another material as long as the new ring is of the same size, with an inner diameter of 1 ¾”.

Material
I have to admit that I wasn’t completely sold to the shiny wet look at first, but I think it’s kind of bad ass now. It does slightly smell like plastic, but in a freshly-new kind of way, so it’s not a downside. Besides, when you think about it, it’s one of the easiest materials to take care of with a harness, as you can just clean it gently with a towel with some soap, dry it up and it’s done. Nylon, cloth and leather would need more washing or caring, and as some of you already know, I’m a low maintenance girl when it comes to my toys.

The material also allows the harness to be waterproof, but don’t forget that there are still a few IMG_1312 pieces of metal on this piece, and I’ve learned in other reviews – thank you reviewers – that you can use nail polish on the metal to prevent rusting, as long as you also make sure to let the harness dry.

Recommendations
If you are looking for a first harness, my suggestion would be to get a cheap one to know what you like in a harness, and get a better one with the features that you really want. If it’s not your first harness purchase, I think I covered what you need to know, and I hope it’s a harness you’d consider, as I really like it.

Kynky Kytty

product picture
Double strap harness by Aslan Leather
Material: Vinyl
Safety:
This product was provided free of charge to the reviewer.

This item was received for free in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment