Jollies Silicone Toys

Friday, July 2, 2010

Where Did True Gentlemen Go?

I went out with someone recently, just to go out as friends. The guy was nice, but I did not feel any chemistry, and I had made it clear that it would be just to hang out. However… I did get the impression that he was looking for something more or testing waters. And the two times that I got into his car, he opened the door for me. I know it’s nice, but somehow the way he did made me feel uncomfortable. Let me explain…

The way I see it, a gentleman acts in a certain way to show respect and deference to a woman, to make her feel like a lady. The gentleman must also not expect anything in return in order to truly be a gentleman. I could be wrong, but that’s my point of view.

When I went out with that guy platonically, he acted more like he could gain something from it. It’s strange, but I had the impression that he did it because he knew that women like that and it would speak well of his character. But isn’t it the complete opposite of how a gentleman must think? It’s not about what I’d think of him, it’s what he has to be thinking about me. Even if he appreciated me, he skipped the most important part of being a gentleman, and it’s not to make a fuss of being one.

I don’t know, but I think that any gentlemanly act should look completely natural without thought, as if it never crossed their mind to act in any other way, because the other way would not be nice enough for me. Does that makes sense?  

Kynky Kytty

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment