Jollies Silicone Toys

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review of the Chocolate Body Cream

The Pot de Crème, a Chocolate Body Cream, by Sweet Beauty, is a hand and body cream, and feels more like a body butter than a cream. The cream has a very thick and rich texture that moisturizes  well and leaves the skin very smooth to the touch. I thought it would smell more like chocolate with such a name, but I think the name is based more on the nature of the ingredients, since it is strongly based on cocoa.

The long version of the ingredient list is:
Aqua (Distilled Water), Vitis vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Theobroma grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) butter and Orbignya oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil infused with Theobroma cacao (Organic Fair Trade Cocoa and Nibs), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Absolute), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Natural Chocolate Flavor Oil, Honeysuckle Extract (Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Water), Citric Acid.

The instructions are quite simple at the back of the pot: “Gently rub onto skin – breathe and enjoy.” It is also written that it is for external use only, and there is also a symbol that says that once the pot is opened, it will be good for 6 months. Since the ingredients are all organic and natural, and don’t contain parabens or other preservatives, it is a rather good life duration.

When it comes to how it smells, the fragrance resembles more vanilla than chocolate. There is a slight chocolaty aspect to it, but it is evasive, almost like some artificial chocolate syrup that doesn’t smell like real chocolate, you know? It is hard to really pinpoint the actual smell of the cream, and some elements of the smell disappear after a few minutes, and the sweet side persists. The smell isn’t strong or intense, and you really need to get your nose next to your skin to perceive the scent. Even if it is faint, you’ll smell good for a very long time.

As I said before, I consider this cream to be more like a body cream, by how consistent it is, without the heaviness. I personally have very dry skin, and I’ve tried a few creams over the years, and I really like this one. I could compare its consistency and quality with the body creams at Body Shop or Fruits&Passion, and I like them too. But I must say that I have a preference for this one now. It is light on the skin, and does not feel greasy at all. It does leave something that you can feel on your skin, but it reminds me of the feeling you have after some good massage oil was absorbed into the skin.

The Chocolate Body Cream that I have is in the smaller format, but I can still get a lot of uses from a small 2 oz pot if I’m going to be mostly using it on my hands. It is also available in an 8 oz pot on the Babeland sex toy store, which I recommend if you intend to apply it over your whole body.

Kynky Kytty

This item was received for free in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment