Jollies Silicone Toys

Monday, February 1, 2010

Review of the Fun Factory Dinky Digger

The Fun Factory Dinky Digger was bought during my first purchase of sex toys a few years ago. I did not know much about sex toys at the time or about all the things you should consider when buying one, like size, material, and functionality. I was rather lucky that I got that high-quality toy, but my decision had been mostly influenced by the really, adorable mole, squinting from the brightness of the, and coming out of the ground to offer me a flower. It also deserves a cuteness bonus for the tiny belly button.

Since I had browsed the store inventory on a website, I knew the Dinky Digger was a g-spot vibrator. I thought it was an interesting feature and I was curious about that. So when I got home, I took it out of its packaging, which was a box with a front plastic display. It came with a small instruction booklet, a sample of the water-base lubricant Toy Fluid from Fun Factory and another booklet showing other Fun Factory products, which made me drool with envy.

The only suggestion that I was given during the purchase was to get a lubricant and a sex toy cleaner. So I dud buy those items, but the purpose of the guidance was more about selling more products than really give any helpful advice. The toy cleaner may have been useful for the Doc Johnson jelly toy bought with this one but I was not told that soap and water could be used to wash my new silicone toy as well. I learned eventually that the vibrator could also be sterilized with a 10% bleach solution and that a condom could be used if the toy was shared. Even if the toy is made of silicone, I would not recommend boiling it or putting it in the dishwasher. With the small notches in the textures, I also prefer washing it with soap under running water than with a toy cleaner.

The toy is splash proof, but not completely waterproof. If you play in water with it, verify if some water entered the battery compartment. If it did, shake it upside down to remove most of it and let it dry without the cover. The toy will still work even if some water entered, but I do not think it is a good idea to close the cap if there is still water in it. When I selected my lubricant, I picked the least expensive one, which was a bottle of Astroglide water-based lubricant. However, I really did not know that water-based lube was actually what was recommended for any silicone sex toy, since a silicone-based lubricant could permanently damage the surface of my toy.

The silicone felt really nice, it has a soft, velvety feel and it was quite firm. The body of the vibrator does not bend much, because the vibrating mechanism and the battery compartment are almost on top of each another inside the silicone. The only part where there is some give to the silicone is in the nose of the Dinky Digger. As I was looking at it on top of my bed, I had to remove some lint and a dog hair from it. I figured it would be a regular characteristic of silicone. It did not seem that much of an inconvenience to me, since I was told to wash my sex toys before and after each use.

Now that I had carefully examined my new possession, the next step was to… try to get the battery case open. At the base of the vibrator, there is a grey part with two round areas, one on each side, that are used to release the battery cap. Seriously, either I was weak as a newborn kitten or that case had a major issue of being tightly shut. Somehow after struggling a few minutes with the case, I managed to get it open, put the 2 AA batteries in, which were not included with the vibrator, and shut the battery case. There is no defined side to put the batteries in, and as long as the two batteries are reversed from each other, the vibrator will work. After shutting the case, I just hoped that I would still be able to open it again after use so that I could remove the batteries, which must not be left inside the toy between uses. This prevents the batteries from degrading or leaking inside the toy and breaking the vibrating mechanism.

The round dial control of the vibrator is located on the black cap of the battery case, which is diagonal so that it is facing up during use. The dial is used to turn it on and off, and to turn up and down the vibration intensity. Even if the cap is made of hard plastic, the dial has an embossed water-splash design made from silicone. The orientation and the texture make it really easy to control the dial with wet fingers. It also fits nicely within the palm of the hand and I can easily create my own vibration patterns with a twist of the wrist.

Armed with the Dinky Digger and my new water-based lubricant, I was ready for some product testing. Even at the lowest setting, the tip of the nose would blur from the vibration; it was promising. The curved nose of the mole is the part where the vibrations are the most concentrated. At the time, I was able to reach an orgasm from the lowest vibration setting, and I was thrilled at the potential. This toy felt great to tease other erogenous zones.

The different types of textures on this toy make it special and unlike other vibrators. The upper part of the mole is quite smooth, but at the base of the mole, there is a lot of small uneven nubs representing the moved earth. The flower is made from well-defined nubs and the paw holding it has long claws that add a small ribbed sensation. So depending on what you want to experience, you have some variety.

I took me a while to be able to insert it vaginally, but with time, I was able to use all of the insertable length and even feel the bumps of the small flower, but I never had a g-spot orgasm from it. But I am still quite satisfied with it, especially since I figured out the secret of opening the battery cover easily.

Kynky Kytty

product picture
G-spot vibrator by Fun Factory
Material: Silicone
Safety:
Rating:
Vroom:
Bee:
The product was purchased by the reviewer. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment