Jollies Silicone Toys

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Review of the Pink Unity Hybrid Lubricant

I don’t know if you are like me, but in terms of lubricants, I think mostly about water-based, silicone-based lubricants, which I have both tried and appreciated. When I heard about a hybrid Pink Unity Hybrid Lubricantsilicone lubricant like the Pink Unity, I was definitely curious, and decided to try it. I don’t usually like the idea of reviewing a lubricant, but I figured that this one would stand out enough for me to have enough things to say about it. And it does.

The Pink Unity is a lubricant that is both water and silicone-based, giving it a gel-like consistency  quite different from a pure water or silicone lube. It is really thick and stays exactly where you apply it, without running anywhere. I could compare the consistency to that of an extra firm hair gel. This characteristic is very interesting when it comes to using it on glass and metal sex toys, since a regular lubricant usually runs along the surface and can drip off the sex toy, even if only one or two drops were used. When I applied it directly on the tip of my finger, it would slowly slide down, but I think it was the body heat that would make it slide. So that prevents the need to protect the bedding from any leaky mess. And even if some of the lubricant gets elsewhere than on the body, it does not stain.

When spread, it feels a little oily and keeps some of the thickness, and I believe that people who already do not like a silicone lubricant may not like this characteristic. I personally have no issues with it, but it feels different than what I’m used to, almost odd. Unlike a silicone lubricant, it does not leave the same type of silky sensation that remains for hours. It still leaves a residue that does Pink Unity Consistencynot flake and eventually needs to be washed away, but it feels more like you applied a quality moisturizer more than a lubricant, which is really comfortable. I would definitely recommend this lubricant to women who experience vaginal dryness, because it would definitely provide a satisfying relief, even if it’s not part of sexual intercourse. There were times in the past where I was very dry for various reasons, and I do wish that I had had the Pink Unity to make it feel better.

The ingredients are, in order:
Propylene Glycol, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer.

Propylene Glycol is a humescent, which helps contain the moisture in the lubricant. Cyclopentasiloxane is a silicone and emollient that lubricates and soothes the skin. Butylene Glycol is a humectant that acts like glycerin to help your skin retain moisture. Dimethicone is another type of silicone that affects viscosity. Hydroxyethyl Acrylate affects the hydrophilicity of the ingredients (so that they bond together). And as you can see, it does not contain parabens, Pink Unity Capglycerin or L-Arginine. The instructions also mention that it is not a contraceptive, that it does not contain spermicide, and to discontinue the use if any discomfort occurs and to consult a doctor.

The lubricant is poured through a convenient pump, which can be locked for travel by turning it sideways. There is also a protecting cap, which I suppose prevents the gel to dry within the opening. When the bottle of 3.3 oz (100 mL) is new, it is sealed in plastic, and I did not see any expiration date on the bottle of the lubricant. Note that I have also tested this lubricant on pure silicone toys and I did not see a reaction, but make sure to test it in a small and discreet area before confirming that you can use it with your toys.

I would like to thank Fascinations for giving me this lubricant.

Kynky Kytty

This item was received for free in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment