Jollies Silicone Toys

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Review of the Cal Exotics Nipplettes

The Nipplettes, by California Exotics, is a set of plastic vibrating nipple clamps that are not made to give you any pain. They are said to be wireless, adjustable and waterproof. Cal Exotics Nipplettes

The Nipplettes are made of phthalate-free ABS plastic coated with rubber, and it feels as velvety as if it was coated with PU. You can read about ABS plastic here, but since this is coated with rubber, you must not put this toy in contact with an oil-based lubricant or massage oil. It is also latex-free and hypoallergenic.

The wireless part makes me smile because it works with a push button and it is by default wireless. They function very much like a standard vibrating bullet, except that it has been modified to include a clamp. The clamps are not particularly small or inconspicuous, and are not something that I would use underneath my clothes. They are barely shorter than 3” long and about 1 ½” wide when closed.

As for the part where they are adjustable, well after using them, I seriously question the point of adding black screws to loosen the distance between the tips of the clamps. The thing is that I have nipples of about the diameter of a watch battery and they are very sensitive; they have a very low tolerance to pain and can only endure normal pinching between fingers. That said, the clamps were fine and applied about the same pressure as I do with my own fingers, and can only be adjusted to exert even less pressure. So, in other words, this is a pain-free vibrating set of nippleCal Exotics Nipplettes Clamp clamps and if you want to experience pain, you better look somewhere else.

Personally, I really liked that aspect of the clamps, because I wanted to try something that would only feel good. I had tried non-piercing nipple jewelry before and I was not able to stand it more than a second because the pinpoint pressure was too painful. At least with the Nipplettes, the contact surface is flattened and it spreads the pressure area. The single-speed vibration intensity of the clamps is strong, and very similar as when I would apply a bullet directly to my nipples, but at least it’s hand-free with the Nipplettes and I can do other things. The noise level of the clamps is not as high-pitched as a bullet, but it could still be heard as a slight humming through a closed door if the house was quiet.

And finally, even if the clamps are waterproof, make sure that you dry them carefully after use, because the clamps work with a recoiled metal and it looks like it could easily rust. I’m not even going to bother going in the shower with this, but I did test the waterproof seam and as long as the cap is twisted tightly, no water should get in it. I tested it under running water for a little while and nothing got inside.

IMG_0668Each clamp also works with 3 watch batteries. One of the things I liked with this product is that it came with 12 watch batteries, even if the package mentions only 6 batteries. Not only can you immediately use the product, but you already have your back up batteries. That’s awesome. The package also says that the batteries can contain Hg, Cd or Pb, being mercury, cadmium and lead, and must not be disposed in the trash. There is also a warning saying that it should not be used over swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions, or on unexplained calf pain (thrombosis).

All in all, I really liked the Nipplettes, because they were very gentle on my nipples and that their vibration was turning me on. I would not get a nipple orgasm from this, but it sure boosts the overall stimulation. I eventually removed the screws, but they don’t really get in the way even if you let them on. You can also get the Nipplettes at this sex toy store.

Kynky Kytty

This item was received for free in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment