Jollies Silicone Toys

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Review of the Fun Factory Amor

I had been curious about the Amor for a while, but I had always passed because there was always cooler-looking toys out there that I’d rather have. You can’t blame me, but I’m like a kid when it comes to toys, so I tend to go toward toys with fancy textures and colors. Anyhow, when I was given the opportunity, I decided to give the Amor a try.

Amor_General The first thing I noticed when I received this toy is that Fun Factory changed the feel of the surface texture. If you had a toy from them before, you know that they have a soft texture, which is not shiny smooth but more like a velvety feel. Well, it’s not something that you can take for granted anymore, and after discussing with Fun Factory about it, as it was not a characteristic that I appreciated all that much, but they told me that there was a specific reason for it: that the texture was designed with short and slow strokes in mind. And it made a lot more sense knowing that.

Considering the smaller size of this toy, insertable for 5” with shaft diameter of 1 3/8”, I can understand that they wanted to make the Amor a better version of what it already was, at least for women who likes drag on their toys. Unfortunately, I’m not that personally fond of drag, but aside from that, this dildo is high quality as it is made of medical grade silicone and has a great firm density with just enough give for some bending and giving it a little squeeze. If you want to know more about the material and caring for it, click here.

You will also need to use a lot of lubricant in order to enjoy this toy (my own advice). The reason why it needs more lubricant is that the texture creates a lot more friction, and in order to have at least a comfortable initial penetration, I recommend applying lube where you want to insert it and not just a few drops on the toy.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have a few good things to say about this toy, and even if it’s not perfect for me, it can be for others. The shape is semi-realistic with a soft head, but note that the bump is on the back side of the shaft, meaning that it is not going to hit the g-spot unless you turn the toy around. In other words, this toy is for people who enjoy non-bumpy toys without having to buy a Amor_Bottom completely smooth and almost boring-looking toy. You have to admit that the Amor is indeed pretty with its curved shaft and head.

The base, which has three rounded lobes, has also been modified. It now has a completely shiny smooth bottom with slightly curved edges, which works even better than the previous model for creating suction on perfectly smooth surfaces. I remember the first time I tried the suction quality of the older base, and I thought it was good – but no, it was not, especially not after Amor_Pack trying better suction bases. This one is surprisingly good, and you need to remove it by lifting an edge of the base or it might not come off. This base also makes this toy harness compatible, and the flatness makes it more comfortable if it rests directly against the skin.

The Amor is also available in pink and Babeland even has a special rainbow version that is simply stunning, which is not available elsewhere, so go get it. It’s not a by-the-book-gay/lesbian-rainbow toy, as it is missing the pinkish violet color, but it’s just as good. Don’t forget to check their other great sex toys at that woman-friendly store. By the way, if you like the shape of the Amor, but you think it might be too short for you, go check the Magnum.

Kynky Kytty

 New toys.
This item was received for free in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment