Jollies Silicone Toys

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Review of the Tantus Silk Large

I got the Tantus Silk Large at a woman-friendly sex toy store, and the reason I wanted it is to have something large and smooth in order to be a little rougher during any type of play. I really like texture, but sometimes, it feels good to return to the basics and have something more neutral, but very pleasurable. With his dildo, I can focus on the feeling of being filled in terms of length and width, without being stretched.

The Silk Large is a non-realistic dildo, with no vibration options, made of 100% ultra-premium,Tantus Silk Large platinum silicone. As Tantus says on the package, it is “hypoallergenic, hygienic, phthalate free, odorless, tasteless, boilable, bleachable and completely non-toxic.” The very smooth, shiny and non-porous silicone of the Silk Large makes vaginal and anal play easy and almost effortless. This medical-grade silicone is also quite firm to the touch, and has very little give to it. After being bended or squeezed, pure silicone returns to its original shape.

The Silk Large has a diameter of 1.5” at the tip and gradually slims down past the head to a 1.25” diameter shaft of 6.5” insertable length. It’s really hard to see when you look at it, but the difference in width can be felt during use. I could pleasantly feel that I was getting past a wider diameter and reached a thinner shaft. The wide base makes this toy safe for anal play and is also harness-compatible. The base is really thick and can easily be used to control the dildo. The Silk Large at Babeland comes in the Purple Haze color, and it shimmers prettily between grades of purple and a blueish lavender.

With the Tantus silicone, I do not need as much water-based lube –the only recommended Tantus Silicone Silk Largelubricant– as I normally do with the more velvety Fun Factory silicone. Like I said, it feels extremely smooth, and the feelings I get from this toy is different from my other toys. When I first began buying sex toys, I did not see the point of buying something smooth. I thought I would not have my money’s worth, but I could not be more wrong. With a textured toy, the feelings you get are come concentrated in the entrance of the vagina, while nothing is really distracting from the gentle feeling of being filled with a smoother toy.

I have also used the Tantus Silk Large along with other toys for double penetration, and the smooth surface made it possible to enhance the texture of a smaller anal toy, like the Tantus Ripple, which I reviewed here. When I was prepared to use the Silk Large anally, which may seem large to begin with, I took advantage of the fact that I had used the Ripple to warm up anally, which I recommend unless you control well your sphincter muscles. It helps that the Tantus silicone is really smooth, but you will always need a few drops of water-based lubricant to insert it. It feels really good and the smoothness is ideal for gentle and rougher play.

Remember not to use the toy vaginally after using it anally, unless it was thoroughly washed or sanitized. By boiling the silicone, for 3 minutes, or bleaching it, with a 10% solution, sanitizes it and makes it possible to share the dildo between partners without using a condom. It can be washed with a mild soap and water, as well as with a toy cleaner. The toy came without Tantus Silk Large Packageinstructions in a recyclable plastic display box with a few informational details about silicone.

The dildo must be stored away from other soft materials, like jelly and other grades of silicone or some toy could melt. A satin or lint-free cloth bag is also recommended for storage, since the silicone attracts lint like a magnet. No, silicone can’t be perfect, but it’s good for what really matters.

I recommend this Tantus Silk Large silicone for everyone, women and men, who wants to have a smooth and silky ride. I really had fun with this and give it 5 stars. 

Kynky Kytty
 
 This item was received for free in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines.

1 comments (+add yours?)

Elodie said...

A bit big for me, but it looks really nice. I love Tantus.

Post a Comment